Directors, see the “Recreation Information for Participants” (your students can view) page for other topics not listed within this page
4.16 Ski Lift Cards and Vouchers Packet
- A packet containing your group’s Ski Lift Cards, Non-skier Vouchers, and optional Ski Area Meal Vouchers will be available for your pickup either prior to, or during your first arrival to the ski area. Your packet pick-up location will be provided within the Recreation Section of your Trip Info report located within WPSMF Online. Depending on your group’s arrival itinerary- this pick-up location could be at your overnight lodging facility, ski rental facility, or even at the ski area.
- The group leader will be required to count the cards and vouchers and sign a receipt of these valuable items. Once you sign that you have received the correct number and types of tickets- you are responsible for theses! You will be receiving the amount of lift cards and non-ski vouchers (sets of 5) that were requested by your group members online. Feel absolutely comfortable that you have received the correct number before signing for their receipt.
- Furthermore- PLEASE bring a checklist or have some method in place to ensure that each ski lift card and/or voucher is being correctly received by your students and adults. While we are sorry that it happens- inevitably the following will occur: A director will sign that they have received x amount of cards and vouchers. While in a rush- they start randomly handing out these to students and adults, or make our packet a grab bag for the members to reach into and get what they need. As a result- it seems that each time this method is used- there are missing cards and/or vouchers for the last persons. And of course- this is during a time when members are trying to make a scheduled lesson time or the other members have just hopped on a ski lift- and the director cannot determine where the missing cards and or vouchers are. Again- a real simple “organized” solution is for an adult to hand out lift cards to the persons whose name is printed on the sticker attached to the card or non-ski voucher. Or utilize a list that can be marked with who received a meal voucher (no stickers). This can really save a headache moment!
4.17 Lift Card, Non-ski Vouchers and Meal Vouchers Refunds
- Unused Ski Lift cards, Non-skier vouchers and Meal Vouchers CANNOT BE REFUNDED BY THE WINTER PARK SKI RESORT. The resort can exchange unused lift cards and unused non-ski vouchers for you. The resort can accept unused lift cards and vouchers, but only to provide a receipt that they were received. All financial transactions will be between the festival and the group director or trip organizer.
- Any ski lift card that has been scanned or used to gain access to any ski lift (including those lift cards used within ski school) is not available for any type refund or exchange.
- Refunds will be made after the festival staff has returned to the festival office after the last festival week. Any unused lift cards, non-ski vouchers or meal vouchers to be returned for a refund, have to be returned to the resort group ticketing office, or a festival staff person BEFORE YOU LEAVE WINTER PARK!
4.18 Rental Location, Date, Time and Return Information
- A group’s scheduled ski rental location (ski shop), address, and time for rentals/ returns will be listed within the Trip Information report within the Trip Info menu in WPSMF Online. Ski equipment rentals can be a simple process if your group is on time, group members follow ski rental staff instructions and everyone is patient. The information each festival attendee provides on their online registration, will allow the ski shops to prepare for your group’s rental needs.
- If you are unable to be at your scheduled ski rental location at your scheduled time, YOU MUST contact the ski rental shop! If you are unable to reach the rental shop- call the festival office or the festival staff’s provided cell numbers. Group specific ski shop contact information will be included within the Trip Information report within WPSMF Online.
- A late arrival to your ski rentals could cause hours of delay in receiving your groups’ ski equipment, thus affecting your ski lesson start time, and could ultimately eliminate an entire day of your groups’ ski time! How? Your assigned ski shop may have other groups to provide rentals for, during or shortly after your late arrival, and may have to postpone your rentals until hours later with a reduced staff. While unplanned travel delays are unfortunate for any group, another group’s scheduled rental time will have precedence over a late arriving group.
4.19 High Performance Ski Equipment upgrade
- A person in your group may select a high performance ski upgrade when registering online. The upgrade charge can vary between ski rental shops, but is usually around $10+ tax PER Day additional. The upgrade is to be paid by the individual desiring such, to the ski shop directly. Upgrades are not included in the festival package cost. A description of the festival’s provided ski equipment is listed in the WPSMF Online’s table of contents, within the Recreation Information for Participant section.
4.20 Snowboarding Equipment
- Group members may choose to snowboard rather than ski with traditional equipment. Participants who choose to snowboard will want to indicate this on their online registration, so the ski rental shop can plan for proper inventory on hand. Snowboarders will be issued boots, helmet and a snowboard from the ski rental shop.
- The additional charge for a snowboard and helmet rental is $10.00 + tax PER DAY. This additional charge is not included within the festival package cost and will be paid by the individual to the ski shop directly at time of rental. **SNOWBOARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AVAILABILITY OF SNOWBOARD EQUIPMENT AT YOUR ASSIGNED SKI SHOP.
4.21 Arrival at Ski Area
Groups Arriving at the Ski Area by Bus/Van
- A map titled “Charter Bus Parking at Winter Park Ski Resort” is included within the maps showing groups where to park, unload and walk to the ski and snowboard lessons. Please read all the print on the directions as to where to park- even if your bus is only dropping your group off. Only on the day of your lesson will a Winter Park Ski-Music staff member or a Ski Area Host meet you here. Please check-in with us! It is important that you meet our festival representative to receive your group’s detailed onsite instructions. You will unload your buses and be directed to another staff member at the black and white checkered flag near the West Portal Station and Balcony House. Make certain that all group members know where their bus/van is parked for meeting at the end of the day or sooner.
- If you arrive late and there is no festival staff member at the bus parking area- unload your buses and follow the entrance path to the ski resort base. See the map “Festival Staff Meeting location for Ski/Snowboard Lessons” if needed. You will walk across a pedestrian bridge toward the slopes and then through an alley between the Balcony House building and near the West Portal Station (dark grey) building to find another festival staff member. We have a clearly marked Black and White Checkered Flag there to meet you.
Groups Arriving at the Ski Area by Shuttle Bus
- A map titled “Festival Staff Meeting location for Ski/Snowboard Lessons” is within the maps showing groups where the shuttle buses load and unload, just south of the Winter Park Resort Village. Use this map and follow the red arrows through the village, past the Zephyr lift, past the Balcony House main entrance to our Black and White Checkered Flag right outside of the floor level entrance to the West Portal Station (dark gray) building. Please check-in with us! It is important that you meet our festival representative to receive your group’s detailed onsite instructions. By meeting us here- we can correctly get your beginners in lessons. Only on the day of your lesson will a Winter Park Ski-Music staff member meet you here.
- If your group is arriving at the ski area in more than one shuttle bus, have an adult in each shuttle bus. We recommend that your group wait at the shuttle bus arrival area until your entire group arrives so that every group member will know where to go and what to do. Make certain that all group members know where this shuttle drop-off and pick-up area is for meeting at the end of the day or sooner.
- If your group is using the local ski shuttle bus service for transportation to your ski lessons- your group will have to begin shuttling early enough to get to the ski lessons on time. The local shuttle pick-up and drop-off areas are easy to identify at each lodging facility on a ski shuttle route. Depending on the size of your group and public passenger volume at that time- prepare for your entire group not being accommodated on one 44 passenger bus. Plan ahead for an adult to be on each bus your group requires, and where to meet at the ski area (such as- at the shuttle drop-off area). If your group requires more than one shuttle bus- load all the members you can and the remainder should wait for another bus to arrive shortly.
Groups Staying Overnight at the Ski Resort Base, or Arriving at the Ski Area by the Village Cabriolet (Gondola) from the Vintage Hotel and simply walking to meet us for lessons
- A map titled “Festival Staff Meeting location for Ski/Snowboard Lessons” is included within the maps, showing groups where to meet the festival staff your first day. Depending where you are staying overnight on the map, follow the red arrows to our Black and White Checkered Flag right outside of the floor level entrance to the West Portal Station (dark gray) building. Please check-in with us! It is important that you meet our festival representative to receive your group’s detailed onsite instructions. Only on the day of your lesson will a Winter Park Ski-Music staff member meet you here.
- If coming from the Village Cabriolet from the Vintage Hotel- unload the gondola car and walk to your left and down toward the shuttle bus load/unload area. Use your map as described above.
- After check-in with a festival representative, some last minute instructions will be given to the entire group before beginners will be escorted to the Skier Rider Improvement Center (Ski School) entrance beyond the West Portal Station building.
IMPORTANT: Do not allow any group member who is a beginner skier to go skiing prior to the lesson. We require this, and the director should enforce this to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for their students.