Music Selection-Instrumental Jazz
Instrumental Jazz Ensembles may perform any music you consider suitable for adjudication. However- we recommend that you select at least one ballad and one swing type piece. Music scores for instrumental jazz ensembles are not required for the adjudicators but may be provided if desired.
Performance Information-Instrumental Jazz
- All groups need to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to their assigned warm–up time.
- A festival representative or site host will meet you in the parking lot and guide you to an assigned holding area. Buses will be directed to park after unloading students and equipment. It is recommended that performers’ personal belongings be left on the bus.
- Directors should have their performing group’s set-up chart (sample in this notebook) and three original copies of judge’s scores (optional) available to be picked up by a festival representative prior or during your scheduled warm-up.
- Your scheduled warm up time is the time slot 30 minutes prior to your scheduled performance time. No personal belongings, music, instrument cases or instruments should be left in the warm-up area since it will be occupied by the next ensemble.
- You have a maximum of 25 minutes total on stage for stage entrance, equipment setup, performance, equipment disassemble and stage exit.
- Click here to see Equipment Provided by Winter Park Ski-Music Festival
- Within WPSMF Online, under the Performance Info tab, a director must complete the performance information for each ensemble. Within each ensemble’s tab, there are specific equipment requests to be checked. If equipment is not checked online, it might not be available for you on stage.
- Adjudicator critiques/ratings sheets, adjudication critique tapes, musical scores and performance recordings will be returned to the director at the Director’s Reception following the presentation of awards at the Award Ceremony. Special arrangements will be made for groups NOT attending the Award Ceremony to receive these items and awarded trophies (if determinable at that time) prior to their departure from Winter Park. It may be necessary to mail awarded trophies after the festival conclusion.