Some bus companies will provide the overnight lodging for their drivers (recommended). But, if you are responsible for arranging and paying for their overnight lodging, you have 2 choices:
Let us provide you with a list of Winter Park area motels and hotels, their contact information, and even some investigated rates. It is usually much cheaper to have drivers stay elsewhere, due to the higher quality of lodging you and your group will be staying at. You make all the reservations and pay the motel directly, and no bus driver lodging charges would be within Empty Bed Space Charges.
We can arrange for your bus driver(s) to stay at your lodging choice if desired. No festival package is provided or charged for your drivers, unless you want them recreating as well. The bus driver lodging cost is essentially your lodging choice’s empty space charge, multiplied by the number of bed spaces in a room/condo, multiplied by the number of nights needed. Therefore, your bus driver lodging is included within our empty bed space charges. One more detail to consider: To accommodate any mandated, or lawful “non-drive” hours by your drivers, at your request, we may need to reserve for the previous night, if your driver needs to check-in early in the morning. Or even reserve for the night, on the day you leave town, so your driver can have the room the entire day before driving your group home. We will be more than happy to discuss with you and find the most economical/practical solution for you.
If you or the bus company is handling lodging for your drivers, you will not see any mention of lodging within your Trip Info report, or your Billing Invoice within WPSMF Online.
If the festival has arranged for your drivers lodging:
- Be sure to review your busing contract regarding whether your drivers can share a room or require their own private room. Please make certain that the proper number of rooms are assigned for any listed bus drivers.
- If your group is staying at Snow Mountain Ranch, and you requested through the festival for your drivers to stay in Snow Mountain Lodge Rooms, the lodge room do not have Televisions. Make certain you have communicated this with your bus company, and they have approved this!
- Within the Overnight Lodging section in your TRIP INFO report, you will see the rooms or condos for bus drivers you requested, and the festival arranged. Please review the nights we arranged and how we charged through empty bed space charges on the Billing Invoice.
- If you requested for your drivers to have an early check-in, be sure your driver room(s) were reserved for the previous night as seen on the Trip Info report.
- If you requested for your drivers to have a late check-out, be sure your driver room(s) were reserved for the following night as seen on the Trip Info report.
- Our charges for bus driver rooms will be charged through Empty Bed Space Charges on the Billing Invoice.