Music Selection- Drumline/Percussion Ensembles
Drum Line and Percussion Ensembles may perform any music you consider suitable for adjudication. Music scores for drumlines and percussion ensembles are not required for the adjudicators.
Performance Information-Drumline /Indoor Percussion
- All groups need to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to their assigned warm–up time.
- A festival representative or site host will meet you in the parking lot and guide you to an assigned holding area. Buses will be directed to park after unloading students and equipment. It is recommended that performers’ personal belongings be left on the bus.
- If the performance requires more space than available on stage- all equipment should be padded to protect the flooring within the alternate gym performance space.
- Drumlines have a maximum of 15 minutes total for equipment setup, performance, equipment disassemble and exit.
- Drumline and percussion ensembles will not have recordings of their performance.
- Within WPSMF Online, under the Performance Info tab, a director must complete the performance information for each ensemble. The Winter Park Ski-Music Festival does NOT provide percussion equipment for drumline or percussion ensembles unless prior arrangements have been made. As with all instrumental ensembles, if equipment is requested, and may only be available for the performance, and not warm-up. Contact the festival for details.
- Adjudicator critiques/ratings sheets will be returned to the director at the Director’s Reception following the presentation of awards at the Award Ceremony. Special arrangements will be made for groups NOT attending the Award Ceremony to receive these items and awarded trophies (if determinable at that time) prior to their departure from Winter Park. It may be necessary to mail awarded trophies after the festival conclusion.
Note to Drumline instructors: Divisional ratings are based on musicianship, and not necessarily the volume level of your performance! Perhaps some consideration should be given when performing within an indoor gym, compared to an open outdoor space. Very often, adjudicators comment on the unnecessary, almost intolerable high volume levels, and probably give divisional ratings accordingly. If an instructor observes an adjudicator squinting, attempting to cover/plug ears, facing away from drumline, chances are they are uncomfortable with the volume.