Concert Bands & Orchestras may perform any music you consider suitable for adjudication. Choose music selections benefiting your ensemble(s), and will also perhaps serve you well in the festival competition. We hope you will consider selecting music from your state’s approved music list, or music appropriate for your ensemble’s classification. Whatever published music you choose to perform, remember copyright compliance, and provide three original musical scores for the adjudicators. https://nafme.org/my-classroom/copyright/copyright-law-what-music-teachers-need-to-know/
- All groups need to arrive at the performance at least 15 minutes prior to their assigned warm–up time! We hope you will plan to arrive even earlier.
- A festival representative or site host will meet you in the parking lot and guide you to an assigned holding area. Buses will be directed to park after unloading students and equipment. It is recommended that performers’ personal belongings be left on the bus.
- Directors should have their performing group’s set-up chart (sample provided in WPSMF Ski Locker, and three original copies of judge’s scores available to be picked up by a festival representative prior or during your scheduled warm-up.
- Your scheduled warm up time is the time slot 30 minutes prior to your scheduled performance time. No personal belongings, music, instrument cases or instruments should be left in the warm-up area since it will be occupied by the next ensemble.
- You have a maximum of 25 minutes total on stage for stage entrance, equipment setup, performance, equipment disassemble and stage exit.
- Within WPSMF Online, a director must complete the performance information and equipment requested for each instrumental ensemble. Be sure to read what Equipment and Instruments can be provided if requested by the Final Payment due date, and notice what we do NOT provide! If equipment is not requested as instructed, it might not be available for your use on stage.
- Adjudicator critiques/ratings sheets, adjudication critique recordings, musical scores and performance recordings will be returned to the director at the Director’s Reception following the presentation of awards at the Award Ceremony. Special arrangements will be made for groups NOT attending the Award Ceremony to receive these items and awarded trophies (if determinable at that time) prior to their departure from Winter Park. It may be necessary to mail awarded trophies after the festival conclusion.