October 13, 2017
- If you have contacted the festival staff previously about attending the festival, and the festival staff is “holding”, or has “penciled in” a lodging choice for your group, October 13th is the date your Registration Form and non-refundable Registration Deposit are to be received by festival office, so your lodging arrangements can be solidified, as planned with you. After October 13th, any undeposited lodging “holds” made previously, will require new planning.
- Any group can still register for the WPSMF after October 13th!
- In December, the festival will provide instructions to each director and trip organizer for accessing and using WPSMF Online. (WPSMF Online is an online web portal used by directors for accessing their group information, and inputting data for their group. It is also used by students and adults for their individual online festival registration.)
- Using WPSMF Online, directors can begin inputting group members’ names, distribute each member’s login credentials, and ask trip members to begin registering online individually.
- In December, (any date BEFORE your school holiday break), directors and/or trip organizers must complete a Questionnaire containing: revised attendance count, travel dates, revised performing ensembles, optional meals, bus driver lodging, and lodging unit details. Lodging unit details consists of the number of male students, female students, male adults, female adults, and any other children that make up the total attendance count number, and how each of these persons will be assigned to lodging units. You will need to have already determined how your adults plan to share lodging units or bedrooms with other adults, or students before you complete the questionnaire.
- After the festival receives a group’s completed Questionnaire in December, and the festival has input the group’s information, the festival will notify the director to view/print their 1st ½ Payment Billing Invoice from within WPSMF Online. If a group needs more than 2-6 weeks to: request a check from their school district, be processed, mailed, and received by festival by January 19th, the director will need to contact the festival anytime within November or December to request a manually created billing invoice to pay from!
January 19, 2018
- 1st ½ Payment Due Date! Payment must be received by Festival on or before this date to avoid late payment consequences/cancellations and charges.
- Last day to change your Official 1st Payment Attendance Count. See WPSMF Ski Locker’s “Attendance Counts” information. You will want your attendance (person) count to be as accurate as possible, by this date, to avoid a penalty if it were to decrease more than 10% by the Final Payment Due Date.
- Highly suggested deadline to have all trip members’ names input within WPSMF Online, print and distribute each member’s login credentials, and instruct parents and adults to complete their, or their child’s online registration.
February 23, 2018
- Final Payment Due Date! Payment must be received by Festival on or before this date.
- Last date for any FINAL changes to a group’s Attendance Count.
- Last date to CONFIRM, and make any CHANGES of any festival or trip data within the Trip Information Report, found within WPSMF Online.
- Due date for all trip members (including adults and directors) attending the festival to submit their individual online registration without a late penalty.
- Due date for directors and trip organizers to submit their online Rooming List, and Performance & Equipment Request information, without a late penalty.
March 9, 2018
Last day to change an attendee name without an additional “late enrollment” charge for travel protection plans.
Other “deadline” topics to think about!
- If you rely on your district’s accounts payable department, or school secretary for sending payments, you agreed to request payment checks early enough for timely payment, and personally oversee payments being mailed. Without a group’s payment being received on or before their payment due date, the festival may be forced to cancel a group’s arrangements/reservations (overnight lodging, resort ticketing, equipment rentals, lessons, performances, and travel protection) to avoid being financially liable for the goods and services we provide to any group. Re-establishing the same or similar arrangements or reservations afterwards cannot be guaranteed!
- You agreed to establish deadlines for your trip members’ trip payments and individual online registrations far enough in advance of the festival’s deadline dates, so any trip member delinquencies will not affect your ability to meet the festival’s deadlines.
- You agreed to input your trip members’ names, and print/distribute their login credentials before, during, or immediately after your school’s late December- early January holiday break. While this may seem very early to have your trip members begin registering, and with registering averaging 7 minutes to complete, some directors have still experienced registration delinquencies by giving their members as many as 3-4 weeks to complete.
- You agreed to discuss all festival topics as a group, well before your trip, so no student or adult will attend uniformed! Sample topics include: Clothing and Accessories, Ski Rules and Tips, Altitude Sickness, Recreation Choice descriptions, Lift Cards and Vouchers, Skiing vs. Snowboarding, and more. These topics will be available for each trip member to view when registering.
- You agreed to read all the WPSMF Ski Locker festival topics (available to you after registering), and your group’s WPSMF Online “Trip Information Report” (available to view in January). Reading both should answer most of your trip questions, remind you of important trip topics, and give a better planned/less stressful/more successful festival experience!