3.1 Awards Ceremony and Street Dance
- The highlight of the trip, is the fun, exciting and music filled Winter Park Ski-Music Festival Awards Ceremony/Street Dance! The Awards Ceremony will be held at the conclusion of each festival week’s performances within the picturesque outdoor Cooper Creek Square in downtown Winter Park. For your comfort- PLEASE DRESS WARMLY!!!
- Prior and during this event- attendees will have the opportunity to shop the local retail stores and eateries within the downtown Winter Park and Cooper Creek Square area.
- Dance music will begin at approximately 6:45 pm each Award Ceremony date with the Awards Ceremony portion beginning promptly at 7:30 pm. After welcoming all attending groups and the singing of our national anthem- all performing groups will be awarded their winning trophies. The street dance will continue after the presentation of awards. The dance portion will conclude at 9:30 pm. A group can depart sooner if they desire.
- We will ask for two enthusiastic members of each performing ensemble (not just entire group) to meet us prior to awards ceremony for instructions. These 2 members will receive trophies on stage for any presentation of award for their ensemble. Directors should choose these persons ahead of time.
Awards Ceremony safety is of the upmost importance of the Winter Park Ski-Music Festival. Any behavior that might put a student and/or other attendees in any harm WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Slam dancing, mashing, sitting on people’s shoulders, passing people overhead and/or throwing snowballs or any object are definitely prohibited. If these or any other dangerous activities are exhibited- the dance will be halted until these activities cease. Attending adults/chaperones should always be present to monitor the presence and behavior of your group’s attendees. Local law enforcement officials are hired during the entire event to further insure such safety. We want the Awards Ceremony and Street Dance to be an enjoyable experience for everyone.
3.2 Director’s Reception
- A director’s reception will be held at the Winter Park Town Hall (located on the most westerly corner of Cooper Creek Square) following the presentation of awards. During this reception- directors will receive their performing ensembles’ packet containing musical scores, adjudication sheets and performance/adjudication recordings. Each director and their spouse are invited to attend and enjoy hot coffee, hot chocolate, soft drinks, light desserts and fellowship with other attending directors.